de Toledo High School is a vibrant and academically rigorous school where intellectual imagination and ethical action are inseparable. We seek to shape students into collaborative leaders and respectful, knowledgeable people of character who love to learn and explore the many facets of their Jewish identity. Each student is valued for his or her individuality and all may strive for excellence—as scholars, athletes, artists, and A+ human beings.
What are the ways a family can afford a de Toledo High School education?
1. Tuition Payment Plans – de Toledo High School offers 1-pay, 2-pay, and 10-pay options
2. Support from grandparents and other family members
3. Need-based tuition assistance – The Board of Trustees is committed to providing a tuition assistance program to families who demonstrate financial need. This program enables many students to attend de Toledo High School who might not otherwise be able to do so.
Tuition & Financial Obligations 2017-2018
Application for Admissions $125
Tuition for the 2017-2018 school year $37,000
New-Student Fee $1,500
Supplemental Fees* (Supplemental fees are not eligible for Tuition Assistance.)
9th grade $1,720
10th grade $2,090
11th grade $2,790
12th grade $3,050
*Supplemental Fees include but are not limited to: grade trips, the Shabbaton weekend retreat, Parent Organization dues, the yearbook, safety and emergency preparedness needs, and Hebrew textbooks. The Grade 12 fees also include graduation costs.
10th grade Israel Exchange Programs:Short ($3,850) Extended ($5,750)
What costs are NOT eligible for tuition assistance?
Mandatory supplemental fees for each grade $1,720 – $3,050
New Student Fee, if applicable $1500
Tuition Insurance Plan $600
Books $500 – $1,000
Optional bus service $2,800
Fees for specialized club & class field trips, AP exams, school sponsored social gatherings, auxiliary athletic gear, & other optional expenses
Tuition Assistance Overview
January 9, 2017
The Board of Trustees of de Toledo High School (dTHS) is committed to providing a tuition assistance program to our families. We are proud that this program enables many students to attend dTHS who might not otherwise be able to do so.
All information provided in a Tuition Assistance application is completely confidential and is not shared with anyone other than the Tuition Assistance Committee (TAC) or agencies from which dTHS receives grants. These agencies guarantee that all data remains confidential and is used only for the specific tuition assistance grants awarded to dTHS.
It is the intention of dTHS to award tuition assistance to families who demonstrate financial need. This need is based on the online application submitted through the Financial Aid for Student Tuition (FAST) online application.
Tuition Assistance Application
1. The FAST (Financial Aid for Student Tuition) online form will be available for families to complete beginning December 9, 2016. Priority consideration will be given to families who submit their application by January 9, 2017.
• The cost for the online application process is $43 per family to be paid by credit card at the end of the FAST session as the final step to completing your application.
• Complete applications will be forwarded to de Toledo High School by FAST. Incomplete applications will cause a delay in the determination of your award.
• Tuition Assistance applications received after January 9, 2017, will be reviewed after April 30, 2017.
• Tax returns for 2014 and 2015, along with IRS Form 4506T, are due to FAST no later than January 9, 2017. Tax returns for 2016 are due to FAST no later than February 9, 2017.
FAST Parent Guide (PDF Download)
Tuition Contribution Worksheet (PDF Download)
IRS Form 4506T (PDF Download)
2. The Tuition Assistance Committee (TAC), comprised of tax and financial professionals who volunteer their time and are not otherwise affiliated with de Toledo High School, review all applications. All information is held in strict confidence.
3. The TAC review consists of, but is not limited to, a detailed analysis and verification of all materials submitted. On occasion, the TAC may ask for additional information to assist them in determining financial need.
4. Notification letters will be mailed on Friday, March 3, 2017, to all families who:
1. have submitted a completed tuition assistance application on or before Friday, January 9, 2017;
2. have provided additional information, if any, requested by the Tuition Assistance Committee;
3. are current with their financial obligations to de Toledo High School.
Tuition Assistance FAQs
Q: Can I apply for Tuition Assistance before applying for admission to de Toledo High School?
A: Tuition assistance (TA) applications are reviewed only after an admissions application has been received and processed.
Q: How do I/we submit a tuition assistance application?
A: Tuition assistance applications must be completed and submitted online through Financial Aid for Student Tuition (FAST). A $41 processing fee is paid directly to FAST.
FAST Parent Guide (PDF)
Q: What information is required for the TA application?
A: The online application includes reporting income, expenses, and assets, along with three years of tax returns.
Q: What are the important dates related to the tuition assistance process?
A:January 9, 2017: Due date for submitting FAST online tuition assistance application to dTHS
January 9, 2017: Due date for submitting 2014 and 2015 Tax Returns to FAST
February 9, 2017: Due date for submitting 2016 Tax Return to FAST
March 3, 2017: Award letters will be mailed to families
March 17, 2017: Due date for Award acceptances to de Toledo High School
Q: What if an application is submitted after the deadline?
A: Tuition assistance applications received after January 9, 2017, will be reviewed in a second round of Tuition Assistance consideration pending available funds.
Q: Is there an appeal process for awards granted?
A: The Tuition Assistance Committee will re-review an application only in the event of extreme changes in circumstances occurring since the application was submitted.
Q: Does de Toledo High School award merit-based scholarships?
A: de Toledo High School offers need-based tuition assistance only.
Q: Does de Toledo High School award full tuition scholarships?
A: de Toledo High School is unable to award full tuition scholarships.
Q: Are decisions regarding admission and tuition assistance related?
A: Admissions and tuition assistance applications are processed separately to maintain strict confidentiality and integrity. Admissions decisions are made without regard for financial need.
Q: What costs are eligible for tuition assistance?
A: de Toledo High School provides tuition assistance for tuition fees only. All families are required to pay in full de Toledo High School supplemental and additional fees.
Q: Is tuition assistance renewable each year?
A: Families requesting tuition assistance must reapply each year. A complete review is conducted annually for returning families.
Q: Can I expect my monthly payment to remain the same every year?
A: Awards are based on the school’s base tuition. As tuition changes, monthly payments will change. In addition, supplemental fees vary from grade to grade.
Q: What if parents are divorced or separated?
A: Each custodial and non-custodial parent is required to complete a tuition assistance online application. The award process requires complete information from both parents.
Q: What if my tax returns are not completed by the due date?
A: Your application will be processed on a provisional basis once your 2014 and 2015 taxes are received by FAST. Your award will be finalized after FAST receives your 2016 returns and the TAC reviews them. The school reserves the right to re-evaluate and adjust your award based on final tax returns.
Q: What if I/we have additional questions about tuition assistance?
A: Contact Debbie Abelson at email@example.com or 818.449.3857.
FACTS Tuition Management
All families are required to enroll in the FACTS Management payment system to process all of your financial commitments with the school. Please visit their website in order to complete your registration and set up your payment information.
Once your information is received and processed by FACTS, you will receive a FACTS Confirmation Notice. This notice will confirm your payment plan information. Please check this information for accuracy and contact us or FACTS with any discrepancies.
Facts link: https://online.factsmgt.com/signin/3F8PF