TUITION ASSISTANCE FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs):
- What does tuition assistance cover?
NCJHS provides tuition assistance on tuition only ($31,500 for the 2013-14 school year). Please remember there are other costs associated with attending NCJHS that are not eligible for tuition assistance. The family is responsible for covering such costs.
These include, but are not limited to:
Estimated Annual Cost
|Mandatory supplemental fees for each grade||
$1410 – $2660
|Tuition Insurance Plan||
$500 – $1,000
|Optional bus service||
|Fees for specialized club and class field trips, AP
exams, school sponsored social gatherings,
auxiliary athletic gear, and other optional expenses
- What are some options/strategies for managing private school tuition payments?
- Payment Plans – NCJHS offers 2-pay or 10-pay options
- Support from grandparents and other family members
- Need-based tuition assistance
- Does NCJHS award merit-based scholarships?
No. NCJHS offers only need-based tuition assistance.
- Are decisions regarding admission and tuition assistance related?
No. All admission decisions are made without regard for financial need. Admissions and tuition assistance are processed in separate offices to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Can I apply to Tuition Assistance before applying for admission to the school?
No. You may apply for Tuition Assistance once your admissions application is received and processed.
- What information do I need to provide in order to complete the Tuition Assistance application?
You are expected to complete the online application that includes detailed reporting of your income, expenses, and assets, along with two years of tax returns
- What is the maximum award I/we can receive?
The Tuition Assistance Committee grants awards to as many families as possible in an applicant by applicant review.
- Is tuition assistance renewable each year?
No. Families reapply each year for tuition assistance. A complete review is conducted annually, based on the materials submitted, to determine the tuition assistance for returning families.
- What if parents are divorced or separated?
Both the custodial and non-custodial parents are required to complete a tuition assistance application. The award process cannot be completed without full information from both parents.
- When will I be notified of the status of my tuition assistance award?
Tuition assistance notifications for the 2015-2016 school year will be mailed on March 6, 2015 to families who have submitted complete TA applications on or before January 16, 2015.
- What if I have additional questions about tuition assistance?
Contact Kaye Bernstein via email, email@example.com or at 818.449.8912